Friday, April 20, 2012

Day #9 of a #30 day startup


I've made further progress on the site, and have set up the code so that titles can be translated automatically into the respective language, so long as I've inserted those translations into the relevant .po files. The attached screenshot should give an idea of how it looks when viewing in another language. I think I may well get the site up and running early next week, and adapt the site according to feedback. I believe it will already be useful for my own surfing/commenting purposes. Later I hope to include embedded vids from sites like Vimeo or Youtube, but I'd like to get the conversation parts working first.
For those who are developing in Cakephp and want to implement a multi-language site here are two useful links : cakephp book and Localizing Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment